Re: SVGT 1.2: <image> does not support SVG

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:18:43 +0100
To: Ola Andersson <Ola.Andersson@ikivo.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Ola Andersson <Ola.Andersson@ikivo.com>:
> It would probably not be hard to support svg as an image type but we
> prefer to use <image> only for still raster images and use <animation>
> for animated vector graphics sine this is in line with SMIL and makes a
> nice and clean separation between the two media types.

I'd like to know if this would also apply to <html:img>, 'background-image',
'list-style-image', 'content', etc. besides <svg:image>. Makes no sense
whatsoever. I agree that for these type of "images" certain features of SVG
would have to be limited or even disabled but just forbidding SVG seems

Anne van Kesteren