From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Anne van Kesteren
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:19 AM
To: Ola Andersson
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: SVGT 1.2: <image> does not support SVG

Quoting Ola Andersson <Ola.Andersson@ikivo.com>:
> It would probably not be hard to support svg as an image type but we
> prefer to use <image> only for still raster images and use <animation>
> for animated vector graphics sine this is in line with SMIL and makes
> nice and clean separation between the two media types.

I'd like to know if this would also apply to <html:img>,
'background-image',
'list-style-image', 'content', etc. besides <svg:image>. Makes no sense
whatsoever. I agree that for these type of "images" certain features of
SVG
would have to be limited or even disabled but just forbidding SVG seems
weird/wrong.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>