----
From: Eric Seidel <eseidel@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:10:44 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

Greetings,

I found it peculiar that Section 5.7 <image> specifically disallows
<image> tags from referencing whole external SVG files and instead
suggests that content authors use <animation> instead for that
purpose.  If implementors already have to support <animation>'s use
of whole external SVG files, how can it be any harder for them to
support whole SVG files as part of <image>?  I would encourage the
working group to consider allowing <image> to reference entire
external SVG documents.

Thanks,
Eric