Re: [SVGMobile12] script element processing

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:34:39 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:20:49 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>>> If someone dumps a bunch of elements as children if a script element,
>>> for a non-xml scripting language, they should not be surprised if the
>>> script engine becomes upset.
>
> AvK> That doesn't really help me implementing this.
>
> Actually it does; if your script implementation gets a bunch of pointy
> brackets and stuff then it does whatever that language definition says
> to do with such things.

How could it ever get brackets? Those are _elements_ not brackets.
Brackets are encoded like &lt; or whatever or are inside some CDATA
section. I'm asking about getting the text value within a script element.

> Its rather like asking what
>
> p.foo {
>   color: red;
>   <?Hey Anne isn't this odd?>
>   font-style: italic }
>
> does.

If it was in an external style sheet that would be well defined. For
inline style sheets in some XML tree it's not really clear.

> AvK>  Could you please provide a
> AvK> specific algorithm such as
> AvK> http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#text provides.
>
> Didn't I point you to a specific algorithm (from a W3C Rec) already?

No.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>