Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: SVG Tiny 1.2 does not comply to AWWW

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:40:05 -0700
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, www-svg@w3.org
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:

> On Thursday, June 8, 2006, 11:41:17 PM, Ian wrote:
>
> IH> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:
>
>>> The WG thus believes that the statement is correct, and as one of
>>> the
>>> authors of that specification I concur.
>
> IH> Please mark my disagreement clearly in your disposition of
> comments.
>

> No problem. The fact that you believe that SVG Tiny 1.2 does not
> comply with AWWW - a specification that explicitly states that it
> has no conformance criteria - has been duly noted.

If that's your point of view on the matter, then why does SVG Tiny
1.2 claim to be in accordance with AWWW? Wouldn't that be a trivial
statement, that is then true of, say, a toaster oven? I don't think
Ian was wrong to assume that the statement he objected to was meant
to be meaningful.

Regards,
Maciej