Re: [SVGMobile12] script element processing

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>The reason we chose to reference textContent instead of using
>language similar to that of the XBL draft is because the latter has a
>few issues, notably in that it's not yet entirely idiot-proof in its
>definition of text content, and also because as currently written it
>appears to exclude EntityReference nodes that may be in the DOM,
>which is a bug (I know that's a contrived example, but we have to
>deal with it).

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060619/#conformance>:

  This specification is defined in terms of the DOM. The language in
  this specification assumes that the user agent expands all entity
  references, and therefore not include entity reference nodes in the
  DOM. If user agents do include entity reference nodes in the DOM, then
  user agents must handle them as if they were fully expanded when
  implementing this specification. For example, if a requirement talks
  about an element's child text nodes, then any text nodes that are
  children of an entity reference that is a child of that element must
  be used as well.

But http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jan/0492 I'm happy
the SVG Working Group is now able to recognize this as a problem...