Re: SVGT 1.2: A proposal for how to define SVG whitespace in terms of CSS whitespace

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:26:38 -0800
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On Jan 30, 2006, at 11:23 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>> Great, then it shouldn't be a problem to state this explicitly in the
>> spec, and to define xml:space for SVG as a presentational attribute
>> in terms of properties (and perhaps deprecate its use as a
>> presentational attribute, since having one from a foreign namespace
>> is a little weird).
>
> Well, we should either deprecate it for all XML content or for no XML
> content, having xml:space a little bit deprecated in some cases is not
> a good idea.

For most XML content it has no presentational or semantic effect, so
it doesn't much matter. I refer specifically to deprecating its use
for a presentational effect. But even just defining it in terms of
properties would be great. I am hoping someone from the CSS WG
comments on this.

Regards,
Maciej