Re: SVGT 1.2: A proposal for how to define SVG whitespace in terms of CSS whitespace

* Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Well, we should either deprecate it for all XML content or for no XML
>> content, having xml:space a little bit deprecated in some cases is not
>> a good idea.
>
>For most XML content it has no presentational or semantic effect, so
>it doesn't much matter. I refer specifically to deprecating its use
>for a presentational effect. But even just defining it in terms of
>properties would be great. I am hoping someone from the CSS WG
>comments on this.

"A special attribute named xml:space MAY be attached to an element to
signal an intention that in that element, white space should be
preserved by applications"; it would seem the most natural way for a
rendering software module to convey this intention is through some
presentational effect...