Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Requirements on copy/paste UI

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 05:19:42 +0000 (UTC)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > The SVG Tiny 1.2 specification says:
> >
> > # For bidirectional text, the user agent must support text selection in
> > # logical order [...]
> >
> > This is an inappropriate requirement. Usability testing may discover
> > that this is not the optimal text selection mechanism, or that
> > providing this text selection mechanism causes user harm.
>
> It concerns the ordering of the characters in the text selection

What is "the text selection", such that it can have the property of
having a logical vs visual order? I don't understand what this requirement
means. In fact with your clarification I understand it even less than I
thought I did before.

Could you explain, for instance, how I would test compliance to this
conformance criteria, as a QA engineer?

(Your response so far does not address my request.)