Re: [SVG Mobile] XML events

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:07:57 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: Public SVG list <www-svg@w3.org>

Quoting Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>:
> Since, in practice, the group planned to limit the current scope of
> event  description to within a document to simplify implmentation for
> SVG 1.2  tiny, and since there is no barrier to implementing a future
> enhanced  version of XML events in SVG-capable user agents, the group
> has decided to  compromise the goal of taking best advantage of the
> Web now in order to  simplify compatibility with the existing XML
> events specification, and  will therefore use the existing XML events
> specification as it is. We  believe this is exactly what you have
> requested in your comments.

Yes. This would satisfy my comment. It may be worth to point out that in a
related thread someone requested to remove all of XML Events given that you
don't really need it for vector graphics
<http://www.w3.org/mid/dq5sk1$nnv$1@sea.gmane.org> or give detailed use cases
for its inclusion.

--
Anne van Kesteren