Re: SVG12: discard begin

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:22:38 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On Jan 26, 2006, at 00:37, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Robin Berjon wrote:
>> For the latter keeping the element around or removing it have
>> identical degradation pros and cons. Removing at 0s will sometimes
>> cause useful content to be gone, never removing will sometimes cause
>> useless content to obscure or invalidate the rest.
>>
>> So all other considerations being equal, optimising for the viewers
>> becomes a differentiator. That is what the current option does.
>
> With the current design this would affect all users, with my
> proposal it
> would affect only those users that have the content loaded for 5
> minutes
> or whatever the begin attribute is set to. I don't see how these cases
> have equal probability.

Your logic is flawed. You either assume the user is in front of the
animation throughout, or anything goes since we have no data to back
anything up. For all we know, 99% of users watch animations seven
times in a row  you're pulling out a probability function out of
thin air.

But thanks!!!

--
Robin Berjon