Re: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:03:25 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

<thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote in message
news:OF054A574B.B3E2FFC8-ON852570F3.004A28C7-852570F3.004C4A60@knotes.kodak.com...
>   I personally can't believe the WG has made this change.  It means that
> no compliant
> renderer can inform users that they have made a mistake because of course
> they haven't
> they have simply indicated to the UA to ignore the value of the attribute.
>
>   Well, if we didn't have 'tag soup' before it will now quickly
> proliferate.

This is what you get if you mandate a particular form of error processing,
the processing is then indistinguishable from real processing for authors.

If it's an error, it should be up to the UA what to do with it, there is no
need for interopability of invalid content, indeed lack of interopability is
possibly a good thing.

Cheers,

Jim.