RE: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:02:18 +0100
To: Jon Ferraiolo <jonf@adobe.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Jon Ferraiolo <jonf@adobe.com>:
> (1) Ian's model of having different syntax requirements for SVG's
> "presentation attributes" (i.e., properties expressed as XML attributes)
> than for CSS stylesheets. In this scenario, a value of "RED" for an XML
> attribute would be incorrect content whereas a value of "RED" within a
> stylesheet would work.

As most implementation actually "ignore" trailing spaces and do
case-insensitive
matching (both testcases show red squares in the SVG players I could get my
hands on) wouldn't it perhaps be better to define a model that is also
compatible with SVG 1.1 implementations?
(<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/types.html#DataTypeColor>)

It seems that most implementations simply followed what CSS said regarding
case-sensitivity. Also the way of getting to the data type from a attribute
value seems to be different (the trailing space issue).

I would prefer it if the SVG WG specified the way of treating data types (and
other things) in a way that closer matches what is actually implemented.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>