From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Anne van Kesteren
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:39 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

I created some simple testcases to check how attribute values are
actually
parsed in current browsers:
 <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/xml/svg/data-types/001.svg>
 <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/xml/svg/data-types/002.svg>

The first tests case-sensitive matching. In theory the testcase square
should be
"black" (the initial value), but in Opera, Mozilla and Internet Explorer
with
the Adobe plugin it is "RED". The same is true for the second testcase,
all
three render the value " red" as "red".

Given that CSS allows case-insensitive matching I'm not sure how you
could use
the parser for these color values. For CSS values it is also doesn't
really
matter if they are preceded by a space.

I'm wondering if the SVG WG could describe error handling that more
closely
matches what is actually implemented as what is implemented is probably
also
used. Also, are things like:

# style="FiLL:ReD"

... allowed? In other words, should inside the "style" attribute and
<svg:style>
elements normal CSS rules apply?

It should at least become more clear how to _exactly_ parse such
attribute
values. (This is different from describing how they can be used.)
Currently
that is not entirely clear to me.

--
Anne van Kesteren