Re: Error processing

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:50:06 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Jon.

Thanks for your ever helpful clarifications.

Jon Ferraiolo:
> My understanding is that the SVG WG has concluded that it is too much to
> require that conformant UAs need to render up to the first error in the
> document. In other words, stopping rendering at the first element which
> has an error is extra credit, but it is OK to simply provide a highly
> visible indication of error.

Ok.  So that means the rendering could be anything once the document has
an error?  Is the implementation required to continue processing
anything in the document once there is an error?  If not, then I guess
the easiest thing to do is to drop the document on the floor.

Will an erratum for 1.1 detailing these error processing changes be
produced?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au