Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: <title> does not define what the title is

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 01:27:02 +0000 (UTC)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > The question is exactly what text string is the title. For example, in
> > these snippets (none of which are "in error"):
> >
> >    <svg:title> Hello World </svg:title>
> >    <svg:title> Hello <svg:defs>World</svg:defs> </svg:title>
> >    <svg:title> <html:p>Hello World</html:p> </svg:title>
> >    <svg:title> Hello <html:noscript>World</html:noscript> </svg:title>
> >
> > ...what should the UA use as the text? I mean, please give the exact
> > literal string that a conformant UA would put in the application's
> > title bar, or in a tooltip, or wherever it puts the title.
> >
> > The same applies to <desc> and the description.
> [...]

It would be helpful if the SVG working group could actually answer the
issues I raise, instead of using the issues as suggestions for topics on
which to write exploratory essays.

I am, as it should be obvious, intimately familiar with the concepts you
so kindly detailed in your reply. However, this discursion does not in any
way answer the question that I raised.

Please answer the actual questions I raised. Specifically, in this
instance I am looking for four strings, one for each of the examples given
in the text quoted above, along with the prose that has been placed in the
specification to address this.