Re: [SVGMobile12] About vector graphics and other specification

On 9/20/05, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Also, I think only the technically aware (and note that many IT departments
> are just a branch of office management) really understand the difference
> between vector and raster graphics (witness the number of times I've
> seen charts in PDF or Word in bitmap format).  There is a need for an
> education campaign, and that would be confused by having a tool whose
> primary purpose is not associated with ordinary users authoring content.

Having personally spent many hours trying to explain the the
mathematical implications of vector graphics to an intelligent,
willing, and very gifted Illustrator artist, way before the advent of
SVG, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But some people just don't understand.  Generally, artists are not
mathematicians and vice versa.  Different sides of the brain I think.
(Escher is a notable exception)

--
Cheers!
Rick