Re: [SVGMobile12] About vector graphics and other specification

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:19:34 +0100 (BST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

> support? Can you force them to implement it natively in IE, or distribute a
> viewer?
>
> If not, then I still don't see how this affects your assertion that there
> should be an image-only SVG format.

I think it might change the perception of SVG from consumer entertainment
to a serious business tool that is relevant to all businesses, and
therefore create the demand that would get it included.

Also, I think only the technically aware (and note that many IT departments
are just a branch of office management) really understand the difference
between vector and raster graphics (witness the number of times I've
seen charts in PDF or Word in bitmap format).  There is a need for an
education campaign, and that would be confused by having a tool whose
primary purpose is not associated with ordinary users authoring content.