Re: [SVGMobile12] 11.10: 'display' definition refers to 'inherit' as a computed value

On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 11:27:11 PM, L. wrote:

LDB> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/painting.html#DisplayProperty
LDB> contains the text:

LDB> # Any value other than none or inherit indicates that the given element
LDB> # shall be rendered by the SVG user agent.

LDB> This is presumably referring to the computed value of the property, and
LDB> 'inherit' can never be a computed value.  (It also seems to imply that
LDB> 'inherit' is equivalent to 'none', which is clearly incorrect.)  This
LDB> would be better stated as:

LDB> # Any computed value other than none indicates that the given element
LDB> # shall be rendered by the SVG user agent.

Yes, thank you. It is indeed clearer to refer to the computed value, and
as you say, there is no 'inherit' at that point.

In terms of specified values, either

a) 'none' or
b) 'inherit', where the inherited value is 'none'

will disable rendering. But your wording is better, I think.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead