Re: SVGT 1.2: CDATA blocks for scripts

On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:49, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> The one <script> example encloses the script body on <![CDATA
> [   ... ]]>, but none of the <handler> examples do. Is this meant
> to imply a meaningful difference in either content model or
> recommended best practices for <script> and <handler>? If not, then
> either the difference should be either removed or the reason for
> its presence should be explained.

CDATA sections are purely syntactical constructs used to facilitate
escaping where need be. I don't see how they could possibly imply
differences in content model or best practices since they cannot be
differentiated from text at the CM level, and since for the latter it
really is up to the author to figure out what she likes. Both are
correct, both are examples of what can be used.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist