Re: SVGT 1.2 Comments and the need for accessibility techniques

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:11:23 +0100
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, "Scott Hayman" <shayman@rim.com>, "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@tiscali.co.uk>, <www-svg@w3.org>, <wai-xtech@w3.org>

On Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 8:17:01 AM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> Chris,

JC> Accessibility deserves more than your filibustering.

Jonathan, this is getting tiresome. I was going to reply privately to
save you embarrassment, but since you chose to cross-post widely I
feel it necessary to respond in public.

Accessibility is important. I have already told you that there is an
accessibility appendix,

although you can't seem to find it

or even read the right spec.

In other emails, or even in other parts of emails where you complain
that there is no appendix, you do find it,

but then seem unable to follow a link to a normative section and post
complaining that the appendix is informative.

Other days, like today and yesterday, you merely throw insults or state
that you have never had a response - which is not going to work in an
archived forum.

JC> On 6 Dec 2005, at 17:19, Chris Lilley wrote:

JC> On Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 8:02:43 AM, Jonathan wrote:

JC>> I also wrote recently to Chris and yourself regarding this issue,
JC>> but failed to receive any response. Also mentioning other relevant
JC>> accessibility failings in SVG.

JC> Actually you did get several responses, for example I pointed out that
JC> you were looking in the wrong document.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG