RE: Request for Future Feature: Star Element

From: Olaf Schnabel <schnabel@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:10:33 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

As a cartographer I must agree with Doug. How many people develop their
own applications and get lost with the very complex path element.
In my opinion we need 2 new graphic elements:
- a regular polygon with radius, inner radius, number of edges
- a pie sector with angle, start angle, radius (and maybe an inner
radius for ring sectors)

I know that each person has a different idea of extending the standard,
but from an teachers and application developers point of view the 2 new
elements are used very often. And isn't it the main advantage of SVG,
that the code is readable and understandable (even for non-programmers)?

Just my 2 cents
Olaf Schnabel

--
Olaf Schnabel