Re: Request for Future Feature: Star Element

From: bulia byak <buliabyak@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:18:18 -0300
To: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

by the way, I checked out your page, and I must say I wholeheartedly
support your proposal for the variable stroke width. This is one of
the cases where "emulating" it with <path> with extended attributes
would be extremely messy. The plain standard-SVG solution that you
propose is much simpler and more elegant.

The only thing I don't like is binding the widths array to the control
points of a path. In Inkscape, for example, it's easy to add/remove
path nodes (almost) without distorting the path, so it would be nice
to be able to do this without distorting the stroke shape either.

bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.