RE: [SVGT12 Comment] from Device Independent Working Group

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your note and clarification.

On the question of relationship between DISelect and CSS MQ, I think I can
probably characterise it as follows:

CSS MQ allows different parts of a stylesheet to be expressed based on
characteristics associated with a request. DISelect allows different parts
of an XML document to be expressed based on characteristics of the delivery
context.

Initially, the set of characteristics that can influence DISelect is roughly
equivalent to those that can influence CSS MQ. However, we expect this to grow
considerably as we progress our work on delivery context.

Best wishes

Rhys