XBL in document fragments

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:37:26 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

How should XBL operate in document fragments?  Say I have a document with
some XBL definitions from which I create a document fragment.  Should any
elements which match the bindings in the main document tree get shadow
trees?  Or should this only happen once the document fragment nodes get
inserted into the main document tree?

What if the document fragment contains XBL definitions?  Would these
apply to any matching elements in the document fragment?

I guess I would like to know the same for elements which have not been
inserted into the main document tree yet.  Should they get shadow trees,
or only once they're inserted?

Thanks,

Cameron

--