[SVGT12 Comment] from Device Independent Working Group

From: Rhys Lewis <rhys.lewis@volantis.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:50:42 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: "W3C DIWG (E-mail)" <w3c-di-wg@w3.org>

The W3C Device Independence Working Group has reviewed the Mobile SVG Profile: SVG Tiny, Version 1.2
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVGMobile12-20040813/)

We do not believe that there are any technical issues with the specification from the standpoint of device independence.

We did, however, note that the specification provides what appears to be a normative reference to the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.2 specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/) which is currently a working draft.

We also noted that, in future, the content selection mechanisms available within the DISelect specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/cselection/)
might provide useful additional function extending the facilities already available in SVG.

Best wishes

Rhys Lewis, chair DIWG