[SVGT12 Comment] from Device Independent Working Group

From: Rhys Lewis <rhys.lewis@volantis.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:50:42 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: "W3C DIWG (E-mail)" <w3c-di-wg@w3.org>

The W3C Device Independence Working Group has reviewed the Mobile SVG Profile: SVG Tiny, Version 1.2

We do not believe that there are any technical issues with the specification from the standpoint of device independence.

We did, however, note that the specification provides what appears to be a normative reference to the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.2 specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/) which is currently a working draft.

We also noted that, in future, the content selection mechanisms available within the DISelect specification
might provide useful additional function extending the facilities already available in SVG.

Best wishes

Rhys Lewis, chair DIWG