xblBoundElement in sXBL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:47:22 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

I'll just keep pumping out these questions as I come across things I'm
not sure of. :)

The definition of NodeXBL.xblBoundElement states:

  The xblBoundElement attribute is used to obtain the bound element
  with the binding attached that is responsible for the generation of
  the specified shadow node. This attribute enables an author to
  determine the shadow scope of any content node. For content at the
  document-level scope, the attribute's value is null.

There could be nodes in the shadow tree which weren't generated because
of the binding on an element.  For example, some other script could
append some new elements in the shadow tree after the binding scripts
have run.  Would these new elements also have their xblBoundElement
attributes set to th the bound element whose shadow tree they now reside
in?  If so, maybe it could be reworded.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack