Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Detailed last call comments (all chapters)

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
>>
>> The two have very different syntaxes, and can be identified from the
>> property, you're overstating the case here, the IE implementation doesn't
>> not overlap the possible values of the SVG filter, IE's filter property
>> all
>> take values such as:
>>
>> filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Pixelate(MaxSquare=50,
>> Duration=2,
>> Enabled=false)
>>
>> There would be no problem identifying these compared to the SVG ones.
>
> Parsing isn't the problem, it's the cascade and inheritance that's the
> problem.

Oh, so you're saying that the IE's filter implementation doesn't match the
CSS cascade, or that SVG filter property doesn't match the css cascade?

Could you clarify more about what's wrong (off list if it's not relevant to
SVG) as you've obviously looked at it, I had looked at this previously, and
hadn't considered there to be many problems.

Jim,