Re: [www-svg] <none>

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:24:33 +0100
To: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Cc: Jan-Klaas Kollhof <keyjaque@yahoo.com>, www-svg@w3.org

On Monday, March 22, 2004, 4:28:41 AM, Dean wrote:

DJ> On Fri 19 Mar 2004, Chris Lilley wrote:

>> Please feel free to explain why its obvious, but I suspect i will then
>> quote parts of the DOM 3 events spec in reply regarding input methods.

DJ> I'm not saying that you can't produce an input event corresponding
DJ> to the TAB character, I'm simply questioning whether our advice
DJ> of "catching the TAB-key event and overriding it" is correct
DJ> on all platforms (to override navigation).

I was mainly trying to differentiate between 'a tab character is
generated' which was my recollection of the correct thing we decided
upon, and 'the tab key is pressed' which is not the same.

As to whether tab order should depend on the tab character or use some
'the user has tabbed' event, that is a good question.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group