RE : RE : What is the best way to design full vectorial scroll-down menus with SVGT1.2

Hello Marc,

Yes, I want this kind of menus but isn't it possible not to mention dimensions in <svg width="160" height="240" ...>
And to put percentage values in basic forms like :

<rect fill="#fff" x="-80" y="-120" width="100%" height="50%"/>

Instead of :
<rect fill="#fff" x="-80" y="-120" width="160" height="240"/>

In HTML, as you certainly know, we often use this kind of mechanisms since we don't know the screen size of the device.
The S of SVG stands for "Scalable" which means that it must be possible to define fully scalable components in SVG ... no ?

What about the text ? What kind of fonts should I use in order to have fully scalable text ?
All the samples I see are fixed size.

What I want to avoid is to be obliged to generate a different SVG stream for each target device : I just put my SVG file on a web server and I'm sure that all mobile devices will be able to display it correctly in Full screen.

Vincent

http://www.beatware.com/~marc/Menus/Menus.html

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing.

Marc

Marc Verstaen
CEO Beatware Inc.,
tel:  650 556 7903