Re: Comments on SVG 1.2 from a Gecko developer

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:02:45 +0100 (BST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

> All language bindings count (even though EcmaScript is the only required

From the point of view of the specification: yes; from the point of
view of those wanting the feature in question, I suspect that
only JavaScript exists (even though it is really ECMAScript).

> one). Jave doesn't have a networking API, J2SE and J2EE do. IIRC J2ME
> does not have it for instance (I could be out of date here). EcmaScript

As it happens, you remembered incorrectly; however, even if it did not
have support, the reason would have been that it was inappropriate
for that environment, in which case it would have been inappropriate
for SVG in that environment, as well.