Re: Comments on SVG 1.2 from a Gecko developer

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 15:59, David Woolley wrote:
> > It has nothing to do with whether Java already has networking APIs. The
>
> I was referring to the problem with having a network API in SVG;
> you were refering to the problems with a particular implementation
> of such an API.

What I'm personally not looking forward to, as an implementor of an SVG
editor, is users asking me why we don't implement the socket API.

I don't think it's possible (in the context of a document in a local
editor) to provide a sane security policy for it..

-mental