Re: sXBL: Fragment IDs and imports

* Elliotte Harold wrote:
>Section 2.6 of sXBL, import, states:
>
>If there is a fragment identifier, it imports all the definition
>elements in the subtree designated by that fragment identifier.
>Otherwise, it imports all the definition elements in the binding document.
>
>However, the use of fragment identifiers for XML documents is very
>shaky. RFC 3023 does not assign any fragment identifier syntax we can
>rely on. If a special MIME type and associated fragment identifier
>syntax could be registered specifically for sXBL documents, you might be
>able to work around this. However, it is necessary to tread very
>carefully here, and not assume that a fragment ID is necessarily
>meaningful in this context.

If you ignore for a second that the proposed image/svg+xml registration
does not refer to http://w3.org/TR/SVG11/linking#FragmentIdentifiersSVG
this should be well-defined already since sXBL can only be used when
included in SVG 1.2 documents. Things might be less well-defined if the
referenced document is not a conforming image/svg+xml SVG 1.2 document,
though. For example, SVG 1.1 only defines rendering requirements but not
processing requirements for fragments "in error" and the processing re-
quirements SVG 1.2 somehow inherits from SVG 1.1 do not work well with
SVG 1.2 content...