sXBL: Including non-SVG data

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:05:11 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but one key piece of functionality
seems to be missing here. I can import bindings, but there's no obvious
way to import the actual non-SVG data sXBL is being used to render.
Perhaps this could be handled through JavaScript or XInclude, but it
still seems like it should be called out in an example.

The use case is simple: I'd like to write an sXBL document that
describes how to display MusicXML or MathML or some other source XML
documents, without actually modifying the source documents. I'd like the
sXBL which describes the presentation of the data as SVG to be
completely separate from the actual data being displayed. The current
approach feels like I'm embedding a document in the stylesheet.