howto fill a divided figure?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:41:18 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

draw a figure, let's say a rectangle.
divide it, let's say bisect it.
now fill the 2 halves with complementary colours.

seems simple, but is it?

I can't seem to find a way to do what any 3 year old can....

This would seem a pretty serious design flaw, as it isn't currently
possible to emulate a relatively simple and basic means of expression
with any GUI tool.
I've come from a hard coding background and only just started using
graphical tools to create SVG, still hate the code generated...

thanks

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk     "It's easy to use"
irc://freenode/accessibility