Animated Gif with SVG

From: Matthias Glosa <Matthias.Glosa@gfz-potsdam.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:56:14 +0200 (Westeuropäische Normalzeit)
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hello,

the problem i have is very tricky.
I found nothing about this issue yet.

The task i try is to include an animation into SVG.
The Source for the animation i try to include is an animated gif.
But using animated gif is not supported yet.

For people understanding German : http://web.zdnet
de/internet/artikel/java/200204/realworld_svg_05-wc.html !

So i have to search for another possibility to use the animation in SVG.
I thought maybe to use flash instead. That means to convert the animated gif
into flash.
But all this is not the key.

So my question: is there a way to use the animated gif with SVG or a command
line program to convert the animated gif into an animated svg....

best regards  Matthias.

IMSTP.gif
(image/gif attachment: IMSTP.gif)

tile13.jpg