Re: Animated Gif with SVG

From: Matthias Glosa <Matthias.Glosa@gfz-potsdam.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:35:37 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

i have to thank all of you.
During this little discussion i found many ideas i can try.

The idea to generate svg direct is ok, but impossble for me because of limitations in the source of the images.
So i have to use the step over the raster format.

Playing with the visibility like Marc said:
Then playing with visibility should do
the trick.
and Felix idea
"You can show the GIF frames
as individual (possibly partially transparent) PNG images successively on
top of each other, with varying sizes just as in the GIF."
seems to me very interesting.
If you're interested, I could write Java code for you that converts
an animated GIF into the
 PNG files and SVG tags.   <-- i am :)
@ Doug
As a side note, the W3C list (this one) is normally used to discuss issues
with the SVG Spec; if you want to ask questions about development details
and such, there is a very active, friendly, and helpful list called

No harm done, of course, but you'll probably get much more response there.

Thank you, i will notice that.

best regards    Matthias