instanceRoot on svg USE element

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:45:34 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

Since we have so little implementation experience, and no released
implementations that I know of, of instanceRoot on the USE element, would it
not be a good idea to unify this with the shadowTree mechanism of RCC,
basically having USE have a shadowTree attribute the same as non SVG
namespaced elements.

This would allow us to have a smaller number of methods to get between
shadow trees and the real trees so are code can be more generic.

Something similar could be done with the image element but I'm not so
confident of this.

Jim.