Re: SVG schema: Relax NG or not?

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 02:32:19 +1000
To: Randy Nonay <randy.nonay@net-linx.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thu, 08 May 2003, Randy Nonay wrote:

>   Isn't XSD a W3C standard? Why is it being abandoned willy nilly by various
> workgroups in favor of rng - which is not a W3C standard??

I don't think anyone was suggesting abandoning W3C XML Schema.
You have a strong point in implying that a W3C specification
should normatively use another W3C specification if possible.
So don't worry yet - I'm pretty confident there will be a
normative XSD of some form in SVG 1.2.

Masayasu-san suggests providing multiple normative schemas.
This seems like a really good idea to me.

The way we go about producing schemas (e.g. RNG converted to
XSD) isn't as important. Personally I find RNG
easier than XSD, but that's just me.

Dean