Re: how to write svg text with embedded font in xhtml

On Sunday, March 23, 2003, 6:13:11 PM, Lorenzo wrote:

LDT> on 21-03-2003 1:03, Chris Lilley at chris@w3.org wrote:

>> Oh. Since you were using advanced features of a language that is still
>> in its early working drafts, I made a guess at how much explanation
>> was needed.
>>
>> OK to step back slightly  - do you need this to work in existing
>> legacy browsers or are you discussing (and perhaps implementing) how
>> it should be done in the future?

LDT> in existing browsers... Better if Netscape 7 or Mozilla for Mac

OK. In that case the answer is simple - no way.

Time flows in only one direction, and you can't take a 1997 codebase
and expect it to somehow support 2002 specifications.

LDT> But if you want to explain me how it should be done in the future I can
LDT> contribute to the discussion...

That is the part that would be on topic for this list, and you seemed
to be doing so well at that part that I assumed that was your
interest.