Re: how to write svg text with embedded font in xhtml

on 21-03-2003 1:03, Chris Lilley at chris@w3.org wrote:

> Oh. Since you were using advanced features of a language that is still
> in its early working drafts, I made a guess at how much explanation
> was needed.
>
> OK to step back slightly  - do you need this to work in existing
> legacy browsers or are you discussing (and perhaps implementing) how
> it should be done in the future?

in existing browsers... Better if Netscape 7 or Mozilla for Mac
But if you want to explain me how it should be done in the future I can
contribute to the discussion...
Thank you very much :)

I want to insert some editable svg text in a specific font in xhtml.
What I would like is to set a svg style one time that specifies color and
font, better if linked to the xhtml
and then apply it to some text in different points of the xhtml.
How can I?

I attach an svg file with an example of what I want to obtain in the <h> tag
in the following example. The font is embedded in the file

Here a simplified example:
external style "h" file:
                            font: Info-Office (embed font)
                            font color: orange
                            font size: 18px
xhtml file:

<head>
    <link to style "h"/>
</head>

    <section>
        <h>
            <svg text with style "h" applied>Iscriviti</svg>
        </h>
    </section>
    <section>
        <h>
            <svg text with style "h" applied>Login</svg>
        </h>
    </section>

Thank you very much.