Re: SVG-competitons??

From: Steffen Kluge <wir98bjb@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:49:48 +0200 (MESZ)
To: Hauke <xml@gmx.de>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

<!-- 2. a more complex SVGgame

I was working on a SVGGame recently (wouldn't say it was rather complex
but it had pretty much JavaScript in it) and found that my P4 2,4 GHz was
not fast enough to run the game fluently in a full sized browser window
(with the svg element being scaled to 100%x100%). I used image elements
for "sprites" and animated them thru animateMotion's. I needed the exact
positions so I had to constantly recalculate them in JavaScript for it's
not possible to gain the presentation value of an animation (is it???).
Those and other problemes made me drop the game eventually.

regards

Steffen