SVG 1.1 Basic DTD problem

From: Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:13:18 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi

When using the SVG 1.1 Basic DTD with the .NET validating parser I get the
following error:
Error while loading SVG: The content model must be deterministic. Multiple
definition of element 'animate' causes content model to become ambiguous.
An error occurred at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg-basic-clip.mod(77, 55)

This does not occur with the tiny or full DTD.

XML Spy has no problem with validating against this DTD so I'm fairly sure
it's a problem with .NET either having a bug or being more strict. I'm no
expert in DTDs but I sure would be happy if it's possible to "fix" the basic
DTD so that it works in the same way as the tiny and full. I'm sure that
there are lots of people who wants to use the DTDs in .NET and it would be
nice if it worked :-)

/niklas
http://www.protocol7.com