Re: SVG 1.2 General feedback

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:01:05 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: plessky@cnt.ru

Vadim Plessky wrote:

> SVG -based User Interface (Widgets, Window Decorations, etc.) is in my plans,
> but I would like to see capable renderer (available as Open-Source) first.

I'm not sure, but
   http://svg.kde.org/
might already do support a lot of what you need:
   http://svg.kde.org/Screenshots/index.html
   http://svg.kde.org/Screenshots/desktop.png
   http://www.everaldo.com/images/ico3.jpg

AFAIK, it's a KDE component, and could perhaps be used for Window deco etc.

> Xr/Xc, together with libsvg and librxsvg, are very promising technologies,

Sounds great! Is there some info available online about what they
support and how they can be used?

> but
> those libs are not ready yet.

Are there viewers/browsers/players in the works using these libs?

If so, perhaps they could submit test suite results, so SVG developers
and users can see what they support.

   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/
   (results table not yet linked; check again soon)

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/