Re: SVG 1.2 General feedback

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:01:05 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: plessky@cnt.ru

Vadim Plessky wrote:

> SVG -based User Interface (Widgets, Window Decorations, etc.) is in my plans,
> but I would like to see capable renderer (available as Open-Source) first.

I'm not sure, but
might already do support a lot of what you need:

AFAIK, it's a KDE component, and could perhaps be used for Window deco etc.

> Xr/Xc, together with libsvg and librxsvg, are very promising technologies,

Sounds great! Is there some info available online about what they
support and how they can be used?

> but
> those libs are not ready yet.

Are there viewers/browsers/players in the works using these libs?

If so, perhaps they could submit test suite results, so SVG developers
and users can see what they support.

   (results table not yet linked; check again soon)