Re: Tinier SVG

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:48:40 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

chris@w3.org (Chris Lilley) writes:
>Its an example. Simon, you are experienced enough and smart enough to
>be able to distinguish between a spec and an implementation without
>being prompted.

Fair enough.  It sounds like I'll need to develop my own spec to develop
an implementation, but that's hardly impossible in this constrained a
programming world.

>Also, your initial mail specifically said that it was not a change
>request, so kindly keep your W3C-bashing to the times where it is
>warranted and will do some good ;-)

Right, right, I'll get back over to the XPointer train wreck.

>>> so I'll just cook up something on my own. (I haven't had time for
>>> the project in the past few months, so that isn't a promise.)
>Aac> Do you have information/estimates about what proportion of
>Aac> devices ... in use or currently for sale ... are limited to 64K?
>I would be interested to hear that, as well.

I've not yet seen any of the J2ME Personal Profile devices, but they may
be coming soon.  There are a fairly wide variety of devices which run
J2ME PP's predecessor, PersonalJava (a cut-down 1.1), but that's been
deprecated for a long time now.  There are also some interesting
examples (I believe the Zaurus and something else which takes over an
iPaq completely) which offer J2SE Java, not just J2ME.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid: is another possibility altogether