Re: Issue: referencing text/ecmascript in the spec is wrong.

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:50:57 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org, "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>

Hello Jim, www-svg,

You wrote
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2002Aug/0008.html
> My concern is with the default value, text/ecmascript is not a
> registered mime-type, and a draft from Bjoern Hoehrmann
> http://www.websitedev.de/ietf/draft-hoehrmann-script-types-00.txt
> met with some resistance and has expired indicating that
> text/ecmascript is unlikely to ever be a registered mime-type.

A new (-01) draft is in development. Further, the ECMA 262 committee
want ECMAscript registered as text/ecmascript. We will wait to see
what happens, but will not change our spec in the meantime.

Its likely that both text/ecmascript and application/ecmascript will
be registered.

Its certainly better to point to a vendor-neutral and standardised
language like ECMAscript than it is to point to a less well defined
and vendor-specific language such as JScript or JavaScript.

--
 Chris                          mailto:chris@w3.org