Re: Patterns and Clipping (Adobe SVG Plug-In)

Jeff,

Jeff Tupper / Pedagoguery Software Inc wrote:

> Vincent,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> When I try the samples/tests/patternRegions.svg example with the
> Adobe SVG plug-in (version 3 beta), the output doesn't match the
> output from Batik.

I am not sure and I think it would be better for someone at Adobe
to give an answer. We have done fairly extensive tests in Batik and
I do not know whether or not Adobe implemented that area of the
spec. Also, I think Adobe does not support external <use> (i.e.,
<use> elements with an xlink:href to an external document and
all the Batik examples have an external <use>).

> Is the Adobe SVG plug-in incorrectly handling patterns with visible
> overflow? I didn't see a mention of this in the CurrentSupport.pdf
> document.
>
> I am trying to add SVG export to Tess (http://www.peda.com/tess) but
> not having much luck with patterned fills in SVG.

Does your export work with Batik as you expected? You tool seem really
great and it would be nice to have the SVG export you want: looking
at your product description, I understand why patterns with overflow
are important to you.

Vincent.