Re: Patterns and Clipping (Adobe SVG Plug-In)

In a message dated 05/11/01 08:58:09 GMT Standard Time, vincent.hardy@sun.com
writes:

> I am not sure and I think it would be better for someone at Adobe
> to give an answer. We have done fairly extensive tests in Batik and
> I do not know whether or not Adobe implemented that area of the
> spec. Also, I think Adobe does not support external <use> (i.e.,
> <use> elements with an xlink:href to an external document and
> all the Batik examples have an external <use>).

The documentation for Adobe SVG Viewer RC1 indicates that external files are
not supported for the <use> element.

Go to
http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/beta.html
and check the documentation on Release Candidate 1 if you want to confirm.

I hope that helps

Andrew Watt