Re: drawing/rendering order

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:19:06 -0700
To: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
The SVG working group discussed having SVG support the 'z-index' property
from CSS and decided against it for SVG 1.0, partly to avoid adding that
extra bit of implementation complexity. Personally, I still agonize over
whether 'z-index' should have been put into SVG 1.0.

Definitely, the W3C should consider 'z-index' for future versions of SVG.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated