SVG in Mozilla

From: Dean Jackson <dean.jackson@cmis.csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:05:54 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

I'm happy to announce the "Let's Put SVG in Mozilla Project".

The idea is to implement the rendering of SVG in the mozilla
browser in a similar manner to the implementation of mathml.
This would allow an HTML/XML page to have inline SVG content.

Mozilla already has a whole heap of stuff to help with
XML/DOM/CSS/Scripting, leaving most of the work in drawing
the SVG on the screen in a platform independent manner.

If you are interested in helping out in any way (including
writing code, QA, documentation, etc) please let me know.
I've volunteered to organize the project.

We don't yet have CVS access (does anyone know how to
organize this?), news group, or a mozilla.org web page.
You can, however, submit SVG bugs in bugzilla which find
their way to me at the moment.

Dean Jackson
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences